Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mass for Life...

It impresses me every year I go to it, and I've been going since 1993. Every year there seems to be more: seminarians, priests, people. This year was no different. I would estimate (conservatively) 400-450 in the sanctuary (the procession into the church alone took nearly 40 minutes), who knows how many in the Church (certainly more than 5,000?), stuffed in every nook and cranny, filling the crypt, standing on the steps outside. Amazing. Uplifting. You get the picture. Speaking of pictures, here's one of some of the Louisville contingent (Archbishop Kurtz was vesting in the upstairs sacristy, so didn't happen to be around at the time of this photo...):

(from L to R: Fr. Hopper, seminarians Hardesty and Rhodes, yours truly, and Fr. Walker)


p.s. - for those of you who will undoubtedly note it, and then harass me about it: yes, it was a novus ordo, and yes I concelebrated... a rare foray into the vernacular for me these days...!

No comments: