Saturday, August 22, 2009

End of Summer...

The summer is quickly coming to a close, and I will be returning to Washington, D.C. (aka "la-la land") in but a few days. I am looking forward to getting back and getting the new semester started. I'm even looking forward to the nine-hour drive. It has been a great summer: I have made a few road trips, enjoyed filling-in at several parishes around the archdiocese, and have been working at the tribunal office. One goal for the summer was to do some research into finding a possible thesis topic or two, and I think I've settled on one that interests me and will be do-able. I'm sure it will be refined and more focused by a faculty member's review.

The return is softened, as well, by the fact that it will only be a month and a half until I'm back home, since this year's Canon Law Society annual convention is in Louisville and I'll be helping the archdiocesan tribunal play host to the event.

Returning to Washington also means the chance to get some fishing in between classes at CUA at the Gunpowder River in Maryland:



Before I leave, however, I have this last weekend to fill-in at my "old stomping grounds" in Meade County: St. John's and St. Martin's. Next post from Washington, DC...

No comments: