Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Getting off to a good start...

It's been a while since I've posted anything on here, due in large part to the upheaval of moving back to Washington, DC for the start of another semester (my third now - time flies...). A nine hour drive last Tuesday (nine hours and ten minutes, to be exact); played host to my sister Katie, who came along for the drive and several days' visit to Washington (see the picture below: as a librarian, she was WAY too excited about visiting the Library of Congress... sheesh); and now two days of classes are in the history books.



I'm convincing myself that the class schedule for this semester is a good one: basically all day Monday and Wednesday - 8:45 AM to 4:00 PM with an hour or so break for lunch - and one class on Tuesday and Thursday (Latin - 5:45 to 7:00 PM translating Rotal decisions and other exciting things...). Fridays, again this year, are "reading days" (ok, who am I kidding... I will be going fishing on most Fridays until the workload of the semester forbids it!). There are some new faces this year - seventeen new people in the JCL program: a bumper crop of potential canon lawyers for CUA. Tomorrow is our opening of the year BBQ for the Canon Law School, and Thursday is the opening of the year Mass for the University at the Shrine. So, we're getting off to a good start...

No comments: