Thursday, March 18, 2010

Roman Vestments...

Some recently-acquired liturgical vesture. Yes, I know there is a lot of lace here in these photos, so go ahead and post your comments and get it out of your systems (Joe S... ahem)! I attribute it to the Holy Father's rather frequent use of the "Roman Style" chasuble that you are beginning to see a return of the popularity of this style here and there. I have always gone back and forth over whether or not I liked this style vestment. The thing that always was a negative for me was that I do my shopping in the "husky priest" section, and about the only place in the past that you'd find this style vestment was as an antique. Well let's just say that they didn't make priests my size "back in the day." The result: the old vestments looked way undersized. With their return in popularity, they are now being made to fit a more modern size human. These come from Gammarelli.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I is breathtaking or I should say Faaabuuulousss!